Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Reader

Okay, not really. I used to read a lot of books, but ever since university, my leisure reading radar has dropped to nearly zero. Recently though, I read several books--all were pretty enlightening, might I add. This probably is just another excuse for me to procrastinate, but much more than that, I felt the need to get in touch with "life" and those words of wisdom. I have picked out some quotes that spoke to me.

From Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan:

“God, grant me the serenity to accept things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

“The only true influence you have on anyone else is by your own life, how you act, what you do.”

“It is very important to observe the other members of the group, most especially the person sitting directly opposite you. That person is a spirit reflection of yourself. The things you see in that individual that you admire are the qualities within yourself that you wish to make more dominant. The actions, appearances, and behaviour that you do not like are things about yourself that need working on. You cannot recognize what you deem to be good or bad in others unless you yourself have the same strengths and weaknesses at some level of your being.”

And from The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch:

"Brick walls are there for a reason, they let us prove how much we want something. They are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough."

"Luck is where preparation meets opportunity."

And lastly I'm sure you've all heard of the book the five people you meet in heaven--it really is a great book so go read it! :)



I really am a quotes junkie...


this reminds me of pixar... ;)


2 comments:

  1. Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all your quotes:)I am a quotes junkie too
    - Maryam

    ReplyDelete